first feather

first feather

Monday, January 31, 2011

To the Lakota, Realness, and White Buffalo Calf Woman

I just want to take a moment to acknowledge the star image at the top of this page, to explain its usage in this context and dispel any misunderstanding. It has a place of honor on this site with humble respect to the energy and purpose of PtesanWi, or White Buffalo Calf Woman. Because this is an issue that deserves respect and forthrightness, I wanna make it clear, especially to the Lakota, that I'm not making any claims of lineage or appropriation. The Lakota as well as all Native peoples of America have suffered too much casual exploitation and undermining, and reserve the right to protect their tradition. With the presence of this sacred image, I intend only to broaden awareness of the Holy medicine that PtesanWi brings to all.



With respect to the infinite knowledge this presence holds, I'm choosing not to share what I "know" about PtesanWi--  I'm definitely not an authority. There's so much I have to learn about her, what she has to share, what she can reflect to us about who we truly are and where we are at in our development. I'm continuing my own study, and all I wish to do by presenting this image is inspire further acknowledgement, learning and respectful research into this presence that has returned to us for the greater healing of our hearts.

In this incarnation it's my mission to acknowledge and honor without fear ALL that speaks to my soul. It can be a tall order because people are scary when they disagree with you. People can also be hurt when you don't give the highest respect to who they are and what they believe-- especially those who, like the Native Americans, have endured relentless persecution. So humbly, with much gratitude, and with prayers for blessing and forgiveness from our Holy Mother, I offer the praises of this firm and honest energy that calls us to be real with ourselves...whatever name you find yourself calling it by.


Image found at http://www.whitebuffalocalfwoman.net/ , rights reserved by owner.

No comments:

Post a Comment