first feather

first feather

Monday, January 31, 2011

Communion

a song that came two years ago in LA...reminding me that it IS possible to love all beings...


Walked down the street after work
Full of restaurants
Saw a lot of families having dinner
And I missed mine
Came upon one, mom and son
Being served up
Gave me a shiver, they had talking eyes

Mom said, Here's one thing I can always count on
In this meal I feel life, and I can taste it
Son said, Mother, I know we share this
Break the bread and be mine

You can turn that sadness into happiness, you know it's all good...

Ran down the street, late for work
Thinking about myself
Passed a lot of men and women sleeping
On the ground
Came upon one
Who stood straight up and said to me
I can give you a smile, if you can give a little money

Love said, Here's one thing you can always count on
In this man you touch Life, and you cannot fake it
Man said, Sister, I know we share this
Give me yours and I'll give you mine

You can turn that sadness into happiness, you know it's all good...

No comments:

Post a Comment