first feather

first feather

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Made of Stars

MADE OF STARS
2008


I am not an apartment or a car
Not the beer on the kitchen floor
Or the notice on the door
I am not a mess

Not the clothes that don't fit anymore
Famous unknown or rich or poor
Or the faded intention of the day
I am not a dress

Not anything I've left undone
Not the day that I'm not any fun
Not the girl I want to be
Or the girl I've already been
Crying for health achievement and wealth
Because I have this to say to myself
And I would say please say it too
But it's up to you
What you've gotta do

I am not my figure
I am not my clothes
I wear the brightest colors down my body in a row
The Spirit is the Savior
I'm not on my own
With or without a lover we all have a lover's soul

Now, when you wonder how you're only human, but made of stars
Now will show you how

You are not the sound inside your brain
Not an artifact of pain
Not an addiction or a bore
You are not a trap

Not the time you have to wait
Not the time that calls your name
Not commitment or escape
You are not the past

And is anything the way you see it
With or without words, the story of freedom
Doesn't ever have to be just a nightmare or a dream

Why would I let fear of death
Tell me that all there is to expect
Is sorrow, envy or regret
That I'll remember or forget

Like a paycheck
I'm not my place of birth
Though the truest law I've heard is the sound of Mother Earth
I surrender to the season
Help me, help me grow
Cause I wont live forever
But forever in my soul

Now, when you wonder how you're only human, but made of stars
Now will show you how

No comments:

Post a Comment